GROVE CITY 43123
- Like many other settlements, Grove City can trace its origins to land grants given to soldiers from the American Revolutionary War. In this case, to Daniel Morgan and William Washington.
- In 1852 the village was laid out and founded and by 1866 Grove City had become an incorporated village and was holding its first mayoral election.
- The town continued to grow over time, accelerated by the addition of railways and its adjacency to the state capital Columbus, and officially became a city on November 16, 1959.
- The city’s growth really started to boom in the early 1960’s when it became a part of Interstate-71 and then, a few years later, Interstate-270.
- As an example of how much Grove City continues to grow; in the past 60 years the town has grown from having a police force of 12 officers, both patrolling and running the radio to 61 officers, 14 dispatchers, and 11 support staff.
- Grove City has been the hometown of many famous persons, including its fair share of professional athletes.