DUBLIN 43016, 43017

Finding a place to take your vehicle when it needs repairs can be challenging. There are many choices, but each one will charge different rates for the services that they provide to their customers. Shops specializing in auto repair will repair problems and perform regular maintenance. Oil changes, brake pad replacement, and changing the spark plugs are essential things that are regularly done for vehicles that are adequately maintained. Some of these things get done yearly, while other procedures should be done more often. Mechanics doing auto repairs will let customers know how often these things should be done based on their vehicle type. Major repairs that are getting done could be caused by not maintaining a car. These repairs can be costly because the mechanics are required to have specific licenses to be able to do the auto repair. The parts can also be expensive depending on the kind of vehicle and where they are being purchased. Getting a quote before getting any auto repair done will often be beneficial. At Auto Inspection Service, we value our customers and do our best to make your auto repair experience as pleasant as possible.

The Wyandot, Delaware, Hopewell, Adenas, and Shawnee Native Indians were the land’s first inhabitants that would later become Dublin. Lieutenant James Holt received 2,000 acres of land from the U.S. Government for his service in the
Revolutionary War. Eventually, John Sells purchased 400 acres of this land along the Scioto River. In 1810, this area was platted as the Village of Dublin.
John Sells had the land surveyed into 200 lots. The surveyor was John Shields from Dublin, Ireland. Rumor has it that Sells asked Shields to name the town.

  • The first blacksmith in Dublin was Edward Eberly.
  • Surveyor John Shields, also a Minister, organized the first Christian Church.
  • In 1812, John Sells and George Ebey built a flour mill. Until then, the nearest mill was near Chillicothe. The mill operated until 1898. John Sells also had a home-based business that made hats and operated a distillery. His home was near the Scioto River Bridge.
  • An acre of land could be purchased for .66 cents with credit terms of 3 years.
  • The first Dublin Post Office was established in 1820. The Postmaster’s name was Daniel Wright.
  • The 1820 census of Washington Township, Perry, Norwich, and part of Brown townships was 137.
  • The Black Horse Tavern is the oldest stone house still standing in Dublin. It was built in 1824 at 83 Riverview Street. Dublin’s first physician started his practice in 1830.
  • In 1840, Dublin built a covered bridge over the Scioto River.
  • In 1843, the U.S. Government moved the last Wyandot Indians to Kansas and Oklahoma.
  • Zenas Hutchinson was elected Mayor of Dublin when the Village was incorporated in 1855.
  • In 1840 Dublin built a covered bridge over the Scioto River.
  • In 1843 the US Government moved the last of the Wyandot Indians to Kansas and Oklahoma.
  • Zenas Hutchinson elected Mayor of Dublin when the village incorporated in 1855.
  • The fire of 1878 consumed several buildings, including the General Store.
  • Jefferson Fulton was the first black man to settle in Dublin in 1881.
  • The first jail was built in 1883. Dublin needed the jail to hold the overly intoxicated men coming from the 13 saloons.
  • The covered bridge over the Scioto River was replaced with a steel bridge in 1885.
  • The Dublin School District was formed in 1888.
  • One thousand eight hundred ninety-nine, the first telephone lines were installed.
  • In 1907, carbide lights replaced gas street lights. In 1920, electric streetlights were installed.
  • Traffic lights began to appear in Dublin in 1927.
  • 1935, the concrete and stone arch bridge was built over the Scioto River.
  • The first High School football team was organized in 1947.
  • In 1959, the first bank opened in Dublin.
  • The population of Dublin in 1960 was 552.
  • In 1966, Jack Nicklaus selected the site that is now Muirfield.
  • Dublin had 681 residents in 1970.
  • The Village grew in the 1970s when the I 270 outer belt was built.
  • A 1% income tax was imposed in 1972.
  • In 1972, 3,914 acres of Muirfield Village were annexed into the Village of Dublin. Construction began on the Muirfield Golf Club, which opened in 1974.
  • By 1980, the population was 3,855.
  • 1985 Dublin celebrates 175th anniversary.
  • In August of 1987, the Village became a City.